Have you ever asked yourself these questions?
How to help someone with BPD?
How to treat BPD?
Why is it called Borderline Personality Disorder?
How to love someone with Borderline Personality Disorder?
Parenting a child with Borderline Personality Disorder?
Have a mother with borderline personality?
How common is Borderline Personality Disorder?
How to stop a BPD episode?
What is BPD splitting?
The Nine Criteria of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
In order to be diagnosed with BPD, you must meet five of the following Borderline Personality Disorder DSM 5 criteria.
1. Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment.
2. A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation.
3. Identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self.
4. Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging.
5. Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, threats, or self-mutilating behavior.
6. Affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days).
7. Chronic feelings of emptiness.
8. Inappropriate anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights).
9. Transient, stress-related paranoid ideation or severe dissociative symptoms.
Retrain Your Brain Online Class
My favorite, favorite, favorite thing to do is work with my students in the class. I pull together all my research, experience and certifications to teach you how to retrain your brain and make it better than ever. You will also learn the true purpose of emotions and how to use them for your advantage. I heavily incorporate DBT skills for interpersonal and emotion management.